Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I LOVE SNOW DAYS!

In my years of experience (all 32 of them! HA!), it seems there are at least 2 things of which man has yet to control: child-birth and the weather. There is nothing like the natural, spontaneous onset of labor to throw the days plans up in the air.

Likewise, a good snowstorm (or 2 of them) is sure to mess up everyone's agenda. Sometimes it feels as though I have "penciled" away every hour in my day to this meeting or that birthday party or her award ceremony or his doctor's appointment.....I just thoroughly enjoy it when things have to be canceled due to inclement weather. And I can't control it even if I wanted to! Occasionally there is an event that I am truly grieved to miss. But the majority of the time, the spontaneous erasing of the days plans is a welcome event in itself!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooohohohooo...don't I know it.

I really like the phrase you've coined..."spontaneous erasing of the days plans"...that's good....

Kelli said...

It is REALLY nice to stay home and not have to explain to anyone why you are doing so. :) I love snow days. I love being snowed in with my family. They are so much fun!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.