Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Recent Revelations

It's so easy to lose sight of gratitude. What a simple thing yet so powerful. It's like forgiveness. I truly believe that to forgive is a supernatural act. Ever wonder why the Bible lists "forgiving sins" along with all the other supernatural things Jesus did on earth (i.e. heal the sick, raise the dead, cast out demons...). Forgiveness unlocks the door to freedom from bondage!

Ok, rabbit trail...back to gratitude. Yes, it too is a powerful practice that can transform our lives! Brian and I have realized recently how easily we can allow our thoughts to be consumed with our 'needs'. There is a reason why the scripture says "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication WITH THANKSGIVING, let your requests be made known to God." And, as a result, "the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7) Hmmm. Wow! Good word, eh? We hear about the "present your request part" and separately we hear about the peace of God passing our understanding, but we need to put it all together WITH THANKSGIVING! Sounds like a sure fire formula to me.

So here are a couple take home thoughts:
- No matter what seed I've sown, the poverty mentality can keep me from receiving the harvest I'm due.
- As long as I see myself as 'needy', I will always be 'needy' no matter what provision comes my way!

Thanksgiving, here I come!!

1 comment:

PressingIn said...

I can't wait to see what Abba does for you two and your amazing family! I just LOVE you guys and you just KNOW that He has something amazing up his huge sleeves. :) <3 you! :)