Sunday, April 24, 2011

Through the eyes of a 5 year old...

On one of the many rainy days we've had in the past week, I was driving in the van with Jonah (5) and Timothy (3):
Jonah: "Timothy? Do you know why Jesus sends the rain?"
Timothy: " No, Calah (his name for his brother)"
Jonah: "Jesus sends the rain...sooo....WE CAN SPLASH IN THE PUDDLES!!!"

I smiled and chuckled and felt the nudge of the Lord "take note", He said to me. In that moment, I was reminded that Jesus is as much interested in our pleasure as He is in the practicals of life!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I think about myself as a parent...

I am more interested in the pleasures of my children or in their practical needs? Certainly, I want to address and meet their practical needs - but there is so much more joy, fun, and fulfillment in meeting their pleasure...

I believe My Father is much the same way - although, when I ask for a loaf of bread - He gives me a club sandwich....