Friday, August 29, 2008

The Tongue Part 3


"There is one who speaks rashly like the thrusts of a sword, But the tongue of the wise brings healing." Proverbs 12:18


Note: Although one could probably spend a whole blog on this subject itself, I promise this will not become a kin to the endless Airplane movie sequels! :-)

The power of LIFE is also in our tongues. Some may call it semantics, but if we believe the Bible is true, then it is true, no exceptions. Our children may have bad habits and tendencies, but we have the opportunity to speak about them with honor, declaring what they will be and what they will become according to how their Father in heaven sees them! Again, the Holy Spirit is constantly reminding me of the potential of my words when I am frustrated about certain actions of my children's that seem never-ending! This is especially dangerous for us moms who like to vent our complaints to each other (which little ears pick up on more than we realize!). Can you picture Jesus venting His frustrations about His disciples (or us, for that matter) to the Father? I don't think so! It all starts with what is in our hearts. Love? Honor? Criticism? Judgment? Then, if we stop to notice, we see what we are modeling by the little mirrors around us. It may take more faith for some of us than others to see and declare the potential of heaven in our kids, our husbands...ourselves. Regardless, ALL things are truly possible, we must only believe!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Amen, my sister!

Beautiful Grace said...

Empower us, Jesus!!!

Livin' Life said...

You hit the nail on the head. We were having a problem with our oldest going to church. He didn't want to attend children's church any more. After some frustrating moments it came out the he had been over hearing me talk to Scott about my frustrations with Children's Ministry. My heart sank when I realized I was placing my stuff on him. It really is so true.

I hope you don't think I am horrible for sharing that.:) I think what you are sharing is needed and valuable.