Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Hero

One of the definitions of "hero" is: an object of extreme admiration and devotion. Hmm. Yep. Sounds like my baby, my honey, my best friend....my hero, Brian. Today is his birthday and boy am I sure glad he was born 35 years ago!!

Truly, I never imagined I could be blessed so with a man like him. Sure, I hoped and prayed for the man of my dreams. But, truth be told, I wondered if he was really "out there". And if he was, how would he find me?

After meeting Brian, over 11 years ago, the more words that came out of his mouth, the more impressed I became with him, with his heart. Brian is the type of man who is often mistaken because of his quiet ways. His occasional blunt statements are sometimes seen as opinionated and unloving. Those who know him best, know that this is far from the truth. He just happens to be real. Ha! Go figure! As one friend fondly describes Brian: "still waters run deep". How true this is! He is very thoughtful, prayerful, wise and committed. He is a man full of integrity, loyalty and passion for the Lord and for the things that He has planted in Brian's heart. He can be brought to tears at the sight of people receiving love from the Father. Then you just might find him splitting the sides of those around him with his antics.

My life is so much richer, lighter, joyful and satisfying with Brian as my partner. So today, I celebrate, Brian, my hero and pray that the windows of heaven be opened up to him in this next year of life. And that the blessings of the Lord would be poured out in such intense measure, he cannot contain it! I love you Bri!

No comments: