Tuesday, July 27, 2010

After Shocks

Truly, sharing our news with others has been one of the greatest sources of excitement for us as we continue to process and shift gears. We are so grateful for all the positive responses (yes, we have, in the past, experienced not so thrilled responses to pregnancy news) about our "shocking" news. Thank you for all the phone calls, e-mails, etc. from those of you who are sharing in our joy! I have to admit, however, I have noticed a good bit of shock coming from those around us as well. In past years, people would come up to me and say, "Isn't it about time for you to be pregnant again?" I suppose the 2 1/2 year gap from Timothy's birth until now is pretty notable for the Pontius family.

So now we will go from an average 18 month gap between each child, to a 3 1/2 year gap between the last two! The girls hope I am having twins so that they will have each other as playmates. Somehow, I don't think entertainment will be hard to come by for this little one. I have already "warned" the girls that they WILL be doing diapers and bottles. They are thrilled at the prospect. Seraphina even told me "It's not faiwr, mom. You get to spend the whole time in the hospital with the baby and we have to go home after we visit!" Then she asked, "Can we sleep with the baby sometime?" She, obviously, wasn't old enough to realize the implications of having a newborn in the house when Timothy was born. This is also the daughter who recently told me how she "weely, weely wanted a baby because they are so little and cute and stuff". She continued by saying "I just wish time would huwwy up and go by" (so she can have her own babies).

On a slightly different topic, I am pleased to report that Jonah is now officially potty-trained! I don't even have to ask him! AND he is almost always dry during the night and naptime. Only one accident in underwear to report, even. Ahhh. What a huge relief! Our new goal is to be diaper free by Christmas (Timothy should be easier to train). Only to buy up more stock in Luvs come April.

1 comment:

Beautiful Grace said...

Psalm 127:3

Congratulations, what an awesome blessing!