Sunday, July 4, 2010

You know it's time when...

...your 4 year old can put on his own diapers....and is proud of it!!! It's TIME to get this boy potty trained!

I must report, however, that he has been successfully using the potty to pee for over 24 hours now. This, my friends, is progress worth noting. On the flip side, his skin (which has been wracked with eczema since infancy) is flaring up again, probably due to the stress of potty training. Augh!

Now my 2 year old is ready to get trained from watching brother. He even wants to try and stand. Holding himself, with his knees slightly bent, he looks up at me and says "Is comin, mommy. Oh, is seepin. shhh." Upon my urging to wake up his pee pee, he looks down at his "package" and shouts, "way up!! Is not way up, mommy!?" Maybe next time.

sigh...so glad these are children numbers 4 and 5 I'm dealing with in this situation. I'm getting many more laughs and joy out of the process than I would have with number 1, 2 or even 3!

I rest assured that neither will graduate high school wearing diapers. We must be grateful for the simple things in this journey. :-)

No comments: