Monday, July 26, 2010

Implications

We took the kiddos out to Rita's and decided to share our exciting news with them there. They were all sitting on a bench and I asked,
"Do you think there is room on that bench for one more kid?"
"Well, sure mom!" was the reply as they started scooting their tiny bottoms over to make room. "Uh, why?"
"Is there room for one more Pontius kid?", I kept prying.
"Whaat, do you mean?" came the slow, thoughful response.

I watched as Grace's faced turned cherry red and her eyes welled up with tears. She got it. Then the squeals let loose. Grace's first verbal response was, "What about the van!?" Elizabeth said, "Wait a minute, how did this happen? Grace again, "Is this a dream?" Elizabeth blurts out, "We need a bigger house, like NOW!" Jonah, meanwhile, is shuffling along, doing his usual boy things, seemingly totally disconnected from the news at hand. The girls make sure he gets it. "Mommy is having a baby, Jonah!" In standard 4 year old boy fashion, he answers, "Well, sure!"

As we finally make our way to the van, we see an SUV parked next to us with 2 grandparent-aged couples inside eating their ice cream. Jonah walks right up to the passenger side door and knocks on it. The woman rolls down her window and says hello. Jonah says, very matter-of-factly, "Hey. I have to tell you something. My mommy is havng a baby." Brian and I look at each other is shock. He actually was listening!

The next morning, the big news was the first thing on the girls' minds. Seraphina says to me, "I know I keep telling you this mommy, but I am weely, weely, WEELY excited that you awre having another baby!" Grace starts getting worried about our small house and how we are going to fit another baby in the house and where are we going to get another van since we have no more empty seats in ours now. I stop her in her tracks and assure her that Jesus always takes care of us! "You're right, Mom. Man, people who don't know Jesus have trouble on their hands!" HA! I love it!

One thing is for sure, Jesus is going to get really famous-"er" in our corner of the world in the next 8 months! Stay tuned...

No comments: