Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Entertainment

Another excerpt from Mike Bickle's "The Seven Longings Of The Human Heart:"
While I am not against entertainment, I am gravely concerned about the primacy of place it takes in our society. As we increase our intake of earthly entertainment we dull our capacity to be fascinated by God. It's not that we don't want to see God, we just can't find Him among the barrage of information to which we're exposing ourselves. One does not have to be a spiritual giant to recognize the long-term implications of gorging on earthly entertainment while neglecting and dulling our ability to be fascinated with God Himself. It would be hard to find many in the Body of Christ who feel positive about the entertainment culture in which we live.
Pages 47-48 from the chapter "The Longing for Fascination"

1 comment:

PressingIn said...

Awesome post Susan. Really. The Lord told me months ago to cancel my FB account and after hem-hawing around, I finally did. Couldn't figure out why, but I think that this was maybe it. I don't want to become dull to the Spirit of God. I want to become dull to the world. Thanks for posting. Signing off now. :)