Sunday, November 23, 2008

Deep, Deep Well

I am so convinced that this revelation of the Father's love that is available goes far deeper than our minds can fathom. I have realized why I personally would much rather that Daddy just tell me what to do when I am at a crossroads. If He tells me which way to go and I do it, then I can be confident that I am approved by Him and that I am pleasing to Him. Another indication that my identity, in part, has been wrapped up in something other than Him AND that my revelation of HIS identity is not complete (right on, "Iam4 Jesus")! It's sooo not about making a right or wrong decision that determines His love or my identity. He created me for relationship, covenant relationship. He was not looking for puppets to prance around thoughtlessly on His stage of earth. True covenant relationship requires risk! Or should I say, "faith"!? The good news is the He remains the same as does His love. AND my identity does not have to shift with the changing of the seasons and directions of life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Work. :)

Walking the journey of discovery is quite an adventure.

I've been learning some things in my 'time' that my only response (inadequate as it is) is "wow"...

Be blessed, and enjoy it! :)

This Journey of Mine said...

So, right on. So good. Working to understand this myself....

Melissa said...

Susan, that is a powerful revelation and if we, as a body of believers, would really grasp onto that, we could turn the world upside down for His Kingdom!!

sorry for that long run on sentence with all the commas...I've only had a half cup of coffee this morning....

Livin' Life said...

God' been really taking me on an identity journey as well. :)

Beautiful Grace said...

I must admit...my deepest desire is to please my Daddy!!! I don't believe it's a desire born out of anxiety, that He'll stop loving me if I happen to mess up...which by the way I do mess up!!!

My desire to please Him is born out of the revelation that He has given soooo much to me. He touches me like no human being could and because of that, I WANT TO PLEASE HIM!!! I know there's so much more depth than what I currently have experieced, and I long to dive deeper.

Thanks for this awesome post!!!! I like "deep thinkers".