Thursday, January 21, 2010

Poop and Pot Roast

What do these 2 things have in common? Well, besides the obvious, they happen to be 2 things I handled within 3 minutes of each other today. I chuckled as I thought, "Only a mom has the "privilege" of changing 2 poopy diapers and prepping a roast for the crock-pot all within 30 minutes."

I'm not really a fan of pot roast, or of poop, really. But I stumbled upon an AMAZING recipe that uses balsamic vinegar....for the roast, that is. It is a venison roast, might I add. BTW, I DID wash my hands between jobs.

On another poop note, my almost 4 year old pooped in the potty today for the first time...EVER!!! Whoohoo! If he wasn't my 4th child, I'd be rather uptight and embarrassed to admit that he is not potty trained yet. But even my parents gave it their best shot and finally admitted, "he just doesn't get it!" I rest assured knowing he will not graduate high school with a cap and gown and....diaper.

Ahh...and the day is only half over! I love my life!

5 comments:

Emily said...

My 4-year and 3-month daughter pooped in the potty for the first time this week! The last 3 poops have been in the potty.

I was uptight (only embarrassed sometimes) and she is my first. I was sure that we would give her husband a box of diapers as a wedding gift at their wedding.

I think she got it (she's been peeing in the potty since Sept/Oct). I think it was a control thing for her.

Oh and your dinner sounds yummy to me (except that it is venison). I love pot roast, but Dave can't eat red meat.

Promises said...

My 4 year old is finally getting it too...not sure what the issue was - but the Lord has been teaching me to chill out a little more and to continue to lean on Him for His patience! I believe that he is going to do it completely on his own very soon!

Kelli said...

That gives me hope for my three year old.

Anonymous said...

I had a poop note this morning...(in my head)....

Our 7 month old, 2 1/2 y/o and 4 y/o all wear the same size diaper...is that odd?

Susan said...

It's not odd, it's cheaper!! HAHA!