Saturday, March 27, 2010

Outdated

It sure doesn't take much, these days, for one's MO ("mode of operation") to become outdated. As you can tell, from the bland visuals of my blog, I don't invest much time in the bells and whistles of technology. But, boy, are there some great tools out there! My problem? Making time to learn how to use them!

Yes, I am one of the few left in the U.S. who searches out the 35mm film for out old, faithful Minolta camera. We purchased this camera shortly after we were married. Yet, still, without fail, after snapping a few pics of the kiddos, one of them asks "can I see it?" as they crane their neck around in search of an lcd to receive their instant gratification. My husband has been trying to talk me into getting a digital camera for a couple years now. I stubbornly argue that it has taken me years to find a manageable rythmn of memory keeping via photo: my camera dates the picture, I get the generic prints from Target with a digital cd, the photos get into an album in a [usually] timely manner and, voila, my kids have a collection of albums to pull of the shelf and take a stroll down memory lane. The thought of adding extra steps into that process is enough to cause me to dig my heels in.....at least for now. Maybe once the youngest 2 kiddos get potty-trained, then I will consider re-writing my rythmn.

Priorities.....sigh.....all about seasons.....

1 comment:

Promises said...

well, I am so impressed that you are keeping up with your photo albums - me, not so much! I need to get back into doing that again!