Friday, March 12, 2010

The Greater Lesson

Well, I'm scheduled to have surgery on my shoulder this Wednesday. It seems I have a bone spur: the source of a lot of pain over the past 8 months. Many prayers have gone up on my behalf since the diagnosis and as a result, my shoulder feels about 85% back to normal. Yay, God!

The girls are praying fervently, especially my little intercessor, Seraphina (hence the name). She lays hands on me almost daily and says "we just put healing on mommy in the name of Jesus!" Bring it on Lord!

I mentioned to my husband what an awesome altar of remembrance a healing miracle would be for the children to have built into their revelation of Jesus at such a young age. But, it would also be just as powerful of an opportunity if I still have to have surgery, but am able to testify to them that God is ALWAYS good and ALWAYS loving. To be able to tell them "I don't know why mommy still has to have surgery, but you can talk to Jesus about it. He knows why.", could be a statement leading to some powerful revelation that would grow me too! They can hear Him so clearly and confidently at this young age!

Much of this healing stuff remains a mystery to me. It brings me much peace, however, to be able to rest in the knowledge that God does not inflict anyone with sickness, tragedy, or disease. He loves me and He wants to heal me! Some things I understand why they happen, most I do not. Ah, but my Daddy takes good care of me ALWAYS and in His love I am secure (most days :-) May my children discover an even greater security in His unfathomable love, no matter what the outcome of my shoulder situation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, having faith just makes no sense...eh? ;)

This is a great post...thank you for sharing....(we're standing with you too)....

Keep on being such a great mom & dad. You're an encouragement to us...(and many others).

Livin' Life said...

This reminds me of my surgery in the fall this past year. My kids were standing for healing also but the Lord brought it about a different way. The testimony of God's faithfulness came through during my recovery. It brought out many conversations to the Lord and for the Lord in our house. We will pray for complete healing and stand with you through what ever way he brings it. If you need any help during this time please don't hesitate to call or email. :-)