Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Striving to Rest

Today is the day of surgery. As I continue to hold out for a miraculous healing, I'm reflecting on all that I've learned so far on this journey.

It has been amazing to observe my own spirit and soul and to find myself striving for healing. How does one do that exactly? I'm not really sure, but I know I am! I know that there are spiritual laws that we live and breathe by, many of which are likely still undiscovered. Also, I know that we are responsible for the revelation we have received. So after "doing" all I know to do to align my spirit with His, I just have to rest and receive, right? Sounds pretty easy which is precisely why I have been amazed at just how much striving I have entered into in this "restful wait".

Jesus has been hearing my prayers and overwhelming me with a deeper revelation of just how much He loves and delights in me, just for me! So when I remind myself of these truths, I take a deep breath and exhale a sigh of relief.

It is so important as we ask, pray and believe for breakthrough of any kind, that we only allow ourselves to hope in Him! In the past I have found myself putting my expectations and hopes in a desired outcome. And, as you can imagine, if that outcome is not achieved, I am disappointed. Jesus never changes! His love and goodness is unending! The "outcome" of His character is sure and steadfast. It's a much more encouraging, faith-building pursuit to hope ONLY in Him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a good word.m It's not the outcome in that our hope is found...It is Jesus, regardless the outcome. :)


We're praying for you today....