Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"I Miss You"

This morning I had a long overdue opportunity: 15 minutes of a quiet, empty house quickly filled with my heart song to Jesus. I got to sit at the piano and love on my best friend! This used to be a more regular occurrence but hasn't happened until even before my shoulder surgery.

I just sang to Him all the things I love about Him. Any eavesdropper would have thought I was a love sick girl singing to her lover. They would have been correct. Ahh, it was so refreshing to my soul and spirit to be with Him. And then something happened. I stopped playing the piano and quieted my voice and heard Him whisper "I miss you". "I miss you too," I immediately responded. Here's the significance to this interaction: This was the first time that I could hear Him express His longing for me without putting even the tiniest bit of shame or guilt on myself. I truly could feel His enjoyment of me alongside of His longing for me. What I felt can hardly be put into words. This is my life. I'm doing my best. He knows my heart and my unwavering love for Him. I don't have to prove it to Him or anyone else. He's crazy about me, regardless!

Let Him love on you today!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

You've inspired me to do the same...

After His heart said...

How could you not love a lover like that? Oh, you make me yearn for my own moment......I think I will....

After His heart said...

How could you not love a lover like that? You make my heart yearn to sing and wait. Yes, I think I will...