Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spiritual Immaturity

Here are some thoughts to chew on from Mike Bickle's book, "The Seven Longings of the Human Heart":

"Many people assume that each time they stumble in spiritual immaturity, God reacts as though they are in rebellion. This is not the truth. There is a vast difference between rebellion and spiritual immaturity...A spiritually immature person is sincere in their intent to obey the Lord and is frustrated by their own immaturity. While outwardly or to the undiscerning eye they may appear rebellious, inwardly they are very different. The spiritually immature believer continues to declare war on their failures and set their heart and soul against them, which in turn builds and creates in them the maturity that they lack. God actually enjoys them while they are still struggling in their immaturity and growing into maturity." Pg 32

1 comment:

PressingIn said...

Wow Susan. Sounds like a great book. I've struggled with that lately in the past few months and I knew that my heart wanted to obey Him, but b/c of what others were saying to me, I wondered if I was being disobedient somehow. So glad to know that the Lord is refining me and that I wasn't being disobedient. Definitely sounds like a good read. Love to you! :)