Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Selfless Act

As I was trying to fall asleep a couple of nights ago, my thoughts somehow lead me to my dad and his health. I began to reflect on how both of my parents work hard at taking care of their physical bodies through exercise, rest, supplements and eating healthy. Gratitude filled my heart as I thought about how their care would impact our future! What a gift it is not only to me, but to my children AND grandchildren! I still have memories of my great-grandmother and how healthy she was until the day she passed away. Herein lies yet another way we can lay down our lives for our children and all those we love.

When I was in high school, I had a conversation with a friend who didn't see the value of buckling his seatbelt. I remember telling him, if you can't love yourself enough to buckle your seatbelt, at least love the rest of us enough to do it!

So with that being said, take a walk or go for a run!. And, could you do a mile or two for me while my shoulder recovers!? :-)

1 comment:

PressingIn said...

I would LOVE to run for you (with you would be a LOT more fun though). :) My mom just said the same thing to me the other day when I was complaining about how hard it is to eat right. And exercise. I want desperately to lose weight and be healthy for my 5 children, but I think I need to be nudged a little from time to time. Thanks for your refresher. :) *hugs*